Monday, March 21, 2011

It's A BOY!!!!!!

This post is dedicated to the day we told our parents, friends, and family what we are having.  But...first I will tell you a little about the day that Matt and I found out we are having a BOY!!!  I was 17 weeks pregnant exactly and actually felt the baby kick for the first time that morning...twice!!!  It was amazing!  I set my appt. at 2:00 on Wednesday afternoon so Matt could come back to Jackson to be with me when we found out. After basically 27 years of waiting to know what my first child would be, the moment came when the ultrasound tech asked if we saw "it".  All we saw was a white and black screen and had trouble making out anything...much less "it".  Then she announced that it was indeed a BOY!  Matt kept asking her, "For real?" over and over.  She said she was sure!  Then we saw "it" and thus Brody Aaron Cliburn in that instance became part of our family and part of us!  What a moment!! I was an emotional basket case and Matt was in total shock.  We just both knew that it was a girl.  Maybe next time though!!!

Moving on, we kept it a secret from everyone until that following Saturday.  This was DNow weekend and I had 10 girls at our house staying so the day was crazy to say the least.  I had That Special Touch bake a cake for the reveal and my parents, Matt's parents, and my grandmother came and met us at Mugshots for food and then of course the reveal.  The rest is just pictures of the day with a little commentary on the side!  Hope you enjoy as much as we did!!


The other side of the cake had our girl name on it.  If the inside was a white cake, then it was a boy and if it was a strawberry or pink cake, then that meant girl!



This is our parents getting ready to cut the cake.  We let all four of them cut it at the same time.  It was truly priceless seeing the looks on all their faces!

 
You can't really tell by the picture but my parents where almost tearing their side of the cake apart trying to see if it was white or pink!


This is my favorite picture of all time!  As soon as my dad saw that it was white, he started screaming (and I mean screaming) "It's a Boy! It's a Boy!"  Everyone in Mugshots was staring!!  It was totally awesome to see his reaction and everyone elses on camera!  This pic pretty much sums it up!



The inside of the cake!


Matt's mom and my Mawmaw sharing excitement!


Brody got a special present that day for his room which we are doing in lambs!!  It is a rocker!

As you can tell, the day was full of excitement!!!  I go back this Wednesday for my 21 week check up and we will have another ultrasound done then.  I will post a picture of that later on.  The rest are a few belly pics from 19 and 20 weeks!  He is as big as a banana this week weighing in around 10 oz and around 7 inches long!!

19 weeks


20 weeks

1 comment:

  1. You are too freaking cute Lil' Momma!! I love the pictures of the reveal. I hate that I missed it. We had a blast with yall at the parade. Let's do lunch soon! Can't wait to hear about the docs appt. Wednesday!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete