Monday, June 20, 2011

Bad, Bad, Blogger

So...It has been an extremely long time since I last blogged.  Life has been crazy in general.  I have been to the beach three times, had 4 amazing showers, made trips to Texas, Tennessee, and Louisiana, and have had numerous doctors and physical therapist appointments.  Not to mention...I am still working and traveling with my job as much as possible before Brody gets here!  I am one tired mama!!!  Good news is...we only have a little over 5 WEEKS TO GO!  It is absolutely crazy how time has flown by!  I am really starting to get super excited and the anticipation is killing me.  I wonder what he will look like, who he will act like, how will Cooper react to him, what blessings the Lord has in store for him, what he will be when he grows up...I know, I know!!  I am rushing things a little bit!  I also wonder if I will be a good mom and if I can handle things with Matt being in school and away from us.  I am so thankful to have all the great help that I know we will be blessed with and already have been blessed with.  Doctor said at our appt. last week Brody is "pushing" 5 pounds already.  He is head down and ready to go!!!  Matt keeps reminding me that there is something the size of Cooper in my belly!!!  It is really weird when I think about it like that, but it is very true!  I just hope Brody isn't quite as hairy as Coop!  We still have 2 more weeks of childbirth classes, and I must say I have enjoyed going to them!  Things are finally staring to slow down for us though!  Between being gone every weekend the last however many, I am ready for a break and NEED one!  Brody's nursery is almost complete.  I just have to add finishing touches and put a few pictures in frames.  Speaking of pictures, I am hoping we can have maternity shots made this week or next!  I also still have to wash all of his "Hang-up" clothes or "Good" clothes.  All of his one-sies and sleepers are washed, folded, and put away.  I have started packing his bag for the hospital and probably need to start packing mine!  We are loading his car seat next week after my vehicle gets detailed and cleaned and putting all the mirrors and sun shades in both cars!  I have also been working in his baby book, and it is precious!!  Most everything is organized and sterilized, washed and dried, and put where it belongs!  I was starting to wonder for a while what I would do the entire month of July..but as time passes it is becoming much clearer.  SLEEP!  I am tired all of the time and naps have become my best friend.  I take one whenever I can!!!  I am so glad Matt is home this summer to help me and spend time with me like we haven't been able to do in a long time. It has been so nice!  However, it makes me sad in a SMALL way that we only have 5 weeks left together where it is just the two of us.  I know Brody will absolutely complete our family, and I am already overwhelmed with joy in even thinking about that...BUT...In the back of my head I do wonder how things will change and just how different things will be!  I am so thankful Matt is a Godly man that loves with all his heart, and I know as long as we keep the Lord in the center of our lives and HIS will for our family...He will see us through!!  My mom made a comment this weekend to me that really hit home the more I thought about it.  I have been saying for a year and a half now that it was totally the Lord's will for Matt to be ABLE to go back to school.  He has provided for us in ways I didn't know were possible and continues to do so each and everyday!  I cannot stress that enough...that this all is totally a GOD-thing!!!  I was talking to my mom on Sunday and sharing with her how much we had been given  through gift cards alone and her comment was this..."Erin, that is so wonderful.  It is totally a God-thing!"  Yes it is!  He is already providing for us for when Matt goes back to school and when we have an extra person to take care of and feed, diaper, and clothe.  We have been abundantly blessed by friends, family, co-workers, and church members!!  I cannot tell each of you how much we appreciate you and everything you have done to make this such a time of joy in our lives vs. the stress and worry satan would have liked for this to have been about.  It truly is a GOD-thing...so thanks Mom for the reminder of who to really give the thanks to!!!
Brody's cake from my work shower on June 9!

I will try to keep this updated a little better, especially prior to his arrival!  Thanks for all the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment